Rebel Mouse Twitter Feeds

Friday, April 26, 2013

Update and Uh-Oh....

* Mom had some good news from her CT scan earlier this week.  Tumor, on her pancreas, has shrunk significantly.  My brother Joel's take was that even the doctors were surprised at how much the radiation shrunk the damn thing.  I'd like to think that the earlier "bring down the herd" chemo helped set this up to happen with this completed chemo / radiation protocol.   So, some up news for a change.  Mom will likely have surgery in the later part of May. 

* Unusual pattern being seen on some modeling for early May. Big cut-off low could bring freezing temps to the Carolina's around May 3rd to May 9th.  Can't even begin to tell you how devastating a freeze (over several nights), at this time of year, would be for every sort of growing plant.  If the Spring nectar flow goes south, I'll have bees in trouble.  Here's hoping it doesn't verify; but color me leaning worried right now.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that stinks. I am still waiting for my Carolina 90 degree days!!!!!!!! Enough of this "northern" weather! I move down here for the heat! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Hope your mom is getting stronger for that surgery! Prayers all around!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that cold snap still verifying? I want to hold off buying tomato plants until a frost isnt gonna happen..